What is OilComm?
OilComm fosters a forward-thinking community to innovate the oil & gas industry through face-to-face interactions. This is the event where oil & gas technology experts come to explore innovative technology and services on the show floor, network at our rockin’ receptions, and learn the latest on the digital revolution that’s transforming the industry!
- The OilComm 2020 Conference Program is created by our Advisory Board and will cover the digital revolution that’s transforming the Oil & Gas industry.
- OilComm’s reputation on how to throw a rockin’ networking reception grows every year! The program is supplemented with countless networking opportunities, including daily themed receptions, technology luncheons, and more.
- Through strategic partnerships and new show elements like the Connected Energy Webcast Series and Digital Swag Bags, OilComm is establishing itself as the energy industry’s “innovation” show.
- OilComm originated from the offshore sector and is actively supporting evolution in the oil & gas industry by introducing innovation at every turn, and producing content that everyone is focused on… digital technologies.
Who Should Attend?
OilComm is designed for technology professionals that work for oil & gas companies, as well as rig owners, drilling contractors, maritime & land transportation professionals, and EPCs. The show will bring together professionals within digital technology departments and who are responsible for communications, operations, optimization, automation, IT/OT, data, digitization, edge-computing, cloud services, VR/AR, machine-to-machine learning, and more.
The digital revolution is changing the industry rapidly, so the definition of a “digital technology professional” can feel like a moving target. But here are titles that we know will be in attendance at OilComm 2020:
…but I’m Midstream? Why Would I Go to a Show Named ‘OilComm’?
We understand your hesitation! Listen, OilComm was founded 19 years ago as an upstream only event that covered offshore communications. We’re very proud of our community and the OilComm brand that we’ve built over the past two decades. Even though our event name hasn’t changed, our content has! OilComm is producing content that everyone in the oil & gas industry is focused on… digital technologies – the digital technologies that are revolutionizing how oil & gas is being transported whether it’s self-driving vehicles, asset tracking, pipeline monitoring, or other technological advances. If your company is utilizing IoT, edge-computing, automation, and other digital processes, then you’ll pick up some good, new ideas by attending OilComm… even if you are ‘midstream’!
Who Else Should Attend OilComm?
- OilComm also welcomes technology startups that want to provide innovation and new ideas to the oil & gas industry. We’ve created the Startup Space competition and launched the Silicon Bayou Pavilion as ways for you to directly connect with the oil & gas technology professionals that can take your startup to the next level.
- A lot of the technologies covered in both the conference and on the show floor are also applicable to the maritime and transportation communities, so we do welcome many attendees from those communities to OilComm as well!
- We also see attendees from power generation and petrochemical companies. These industries are also implementing digital technologies to increase efficiencies and profits, so they come to OilComm to explore the technology and understand how the energy industry is utilizing. Do you work in the power generation or petrochemical industry? Click here to apply for a free pass! (Please note vendors that sell products & services to these industries are not eligible for a free pass. But we’d love for you to register… or exhibit!)
October 14-15, 2020
Houston Marriott Westchase