In today’s lean economy, many travel and education budgets have been cut. Yet, there is still a great need for training for employees. The education you will receive at OilComm is very valuable, but you may need to validate to management your reasons for wanting to attend.
OilComm has compiled a kit that will help with those needs. We have included several helpful items, including a customized letter to management.
It is important that you let management know the valuable education you will receive at OilComm. Stress the classes, workshops and courses you will attend, the companies you will visit on the Exhibit Floor and the connections formed at the networking events. A few ideas to include when compiling your request:
- CONFERENCE MATERIALS: Offer to share the information with co-workers. Bring home your conference materials to let co-workers share in the conference experience. Every conference attendee to OilComm will have access to the proceedings at the conclusion of the conference.
- EXHIBITOR GUIDE: Attendees have ample time to explore the Exhibit Floor, see product demonstrations and talk with vendors about their services. It’s the perfect time to investigate products your company may need, without the expense of doing independent research and traveling to the vendor’s site.
- CURRENT PANEL LINEUP: At OilComm, you will have direct access to dozens of market experts. Information sharing, question-and-answer sessions and networking are a vital part of the conference experience. The solutions you will find at the conference can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in consulting fees.
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES: Interact with peers in the oil and gas market who share the same goals and face the same challenges. These networking contacts can be invaluable once you return to work. The contacts you make at the conference can provide input far into the future on a variety of work-related topics. All networking events are included with your conference registration.
- OILCOMM COST-SAVING FEATURES: We understand that spending 2 days out of the office can be expensive, so we’ve worked to bring you savings wherever possible. HOTEL: OilComm attendees receive discounted rates on hotel rooms at the Hilton Americas. GROUP DISCOUNTS: Attend the OilComm conference with a group of colleagues from your company and receive additional discounts on the conference rate. Contact Sherry Oommen, Director of Marketing, at +1-212-621-4807 or email@example.com for more information.
- SAMPLE TRIP REPORT: Create a trip report after the conference. This report should discuss the sessions you have attended and how you will apply those to current projects in your organization. Once your manager sees how much you have learned during the week and how it can be applied in your organization, they will be more likely to send you to a conference again. Click here for a sample trip report that may be used when presenting your request.